Friday, April 6, 2012

Follow Friday: Fake Interview with Rick Warren

In one of my very first blog posts I talked about how well Rick Warren uses social media. It's like he was built for it. I'm pretty sure everything he says is in 140 characters or less. I love this guy.

You can follow him on Twitter at @RickWarren.

The pastor of Saddleback Church and author of The Purpose Driven Life was kind enough to sit down with me for a completely fake and in no way real interview that didn't really happen, ever.

Me: Hey Rick, I appreciate you sitting down with me. Can I call you Rick, or do you prefer Pastor Warren.

Rick: Please, call me Rick. I'm Renewed, Intense, Candid, and Kind. RICK.

Me: Ah! Gotcha! I see what you did there.

Rick: It's who I am. I just have to be me. You asked me to sit down with you, so I SAT: Sincere, Authentic, and Timely.

Me: I see.

Rick: SAT. Write that down.

Me: Done. Now Rick, you are constantly on Twitter. Why do you think it is so important for you to be involved in social media?

Rick: Dan, it's right in the name. It's a place where I can be Truthful, Winsome, Engaging, Encouraging, and Thought-provoking. TWEET.

Dan: Uh-huh.

Rick. TWEET. Write that down.

Dan: Yeah, I did. It's good.

Rick: No, it's great. I only do things that are great. Genuine, Real, Expository, Altruistic, and Terrific. GREAT.

Dan: Sure, ok, it's great.

Rick: GREAT. Write that down.

Dan: Let's talk about something else. Are you married? Tell me about your wife.

Rick: She is everything a wife should be. Wonderful, Impressive, Forthcoming, and Elegant.

Dan: Uh...

Rick: WIFE. Write that down.

Dan: I notice you seem to be really in to Hawaiian shirts. What's that about?

Rick: They fit my personality. They are Happy, Ample, Washable, Anti-bland, Intense, Incalculable, Appetizing, and Nuanced.

Dan: Some of those adjectives don't make sense for both the shirt and you.

Rick: HAWAIIAN. Write that down. And don't question my acronyms.

Dan: Do you have any advice for young pastors engaging in social media?

Rick: Just be YOU: Young, Overwhelming, and Understated.

Dan: OK, that doesn't even mean anything.

Rick: What do you know. Do you have a book?

Dan: No.

Rick: Then I win. Witty. Incapacitating. Nocturnal.

Dan: K, I'm going to leave now.

Rick: I WIN. Write that down.



2 comments: