Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Share This Picture if You Love Jesus!!!





Do you see Him? Only true believers can see Jesus in the rust from this old iron I bought at a garage sale!

If you love Jesus, share this picture! Sadly, 97% of people won't. Will you be the 3% who actually loves Jesus and will share this?


I am now faced with a spiritual dilemma. Because I really love Jesus. A lot. But that is a stupid picture. It doesn't even look like Jesus. And where in the Bible am I commanded to share all these pictures or else have to stand in judgement someday and hear Jesus say, "Hey, why did you deny me when you didn't share that one picture where someone had photoshopped the clouds to look like my hands were pulling them apart to reveal beams of sunlight?"

Sorry, Jesus.

While it is popular to share these kinds of pictures, we have to be careful, for several reasons.


1. Most of these pictures are photoshopped. Nothing cheapens Christianity like claiming something is a God-inspired miracle when really it was some dude eating Cheetos and doctoring a picture to look like something else. Do a simple Google search before posting something like that.

2. Don't threaten someone's spirituality based on whether or not they share a picture. I hate that. That is a threat. If you want to share it, fine, but don't tell me I'm a bad Christian if I don't. That's not even remotely Biblically accurate.

3. Make sure any scripture quoted with the pic is accurate. Nothing worse than misquoted, out of context scripture accompanying a fake picture with a veiled threat to your eternal salvation.


So if you send me a picture and I don't immediately share it with others, don't worry about my soul. I'm alright.

1 comment:

  1. This seems oddly appropriate: http://www.etsy.com/listing/50048184/jesus-waffle-maker

    ReplyDelete