Thursday, May 3, 2012

I have a video...now what?

Ok you're bought into the idea of a video. Now what?

There are several sites to use. Our church uses Vimeo. For "Dear Jan," we use YouTube. If you are shooting video and doing some big time editing, I suggest Vimeo. It's easier to put longer videos on there and then embed them in different places. But for the short under 10 min. videos, use YouTube. Especially if you are shooting with an iPad or iPhone or something, because you have the option of instantly putting it on YouTube. Plus, more people are on YouTube, so there is a greater likelihood of people finding it.

Then get the link. Put it out there. It feels like you are annoying people with it (and maybe I am annoying people, but I don't even care), but if you don't share the link, people won't know its there. Use Facebook, Twitter, email, whatever else.

If you print the link in your bulletin and people can't click on it, they won't watch it. You have to have the link somewhere electronically where they can just click right there and watch.

What are some of your other questions about using video on the internet? Let me know in the comments section and I'll do what I can to help you out!



No comments:

Post a Comment